[mapserver-users] CONFIG "ON_MISSING_DATA" "IGNORE" does not work on 5.6.8

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Feb 15 13:43:16 PST 2012

I can not get CONFIG "ON_MISSING_DATA" "IGNORE" to work on mapserver
5.6.8. I'm doing WMS requests and I get the error on the image.

MapServer version 5.6.8 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV
SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=RGBA_PNG INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

The map file has:

   CONFIG "ON_MISSING_DATA" "IGNORE"
   CONFIG MS_ERRORFILE "stderr"

   WEB
     METADATA
       labelcache_map_edge_buffer "-10"
       ows_title "Peru_900913_WMS"
       ows_onlineresource
"http://example.com/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/u/data/peru.map&"
       ows_srs "EPSG:4326 EPSG:900913"
       ows_feature_info_mime_type "text/html"
       ows_enable_request "GetMap"
# I tried this also, but error message still inimage.
#      ows_exceptions_format "application/vnd.ogc.se_xml"
     END
   END

Seems like CONFIG "ON_MISSING_DATA" "IGNORE" should do what the doc says
it should do, but I can't find the magic incantation to make this work.

Anyone know how to do this?

-Steve W