[mapserver-users] WCS server not

Jorge Lopez jorgelopez.physics at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 04:11:07 PST 2012

Hello;

I am newbie to Mapserver, so maybe this is a naive question but I am doing
my best to find a solution to serve raster data by using Mapserver.

I have MapServer 5.6.5, I have prepared my map server with WFS and WMS  and
I would like to serve GEOTIFF images with WCS 1.0.0 protocol.

I prepared a map file, with two layers to be served and I made a
capabilities of the server:

http://domainserver/cgi-bin/mapserv?SERVICE=WCS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

The problem is that all metadata is full but there is no content for
coverages ("identifiers" in v.1.1.0), that is, the content between
ContentMetada labels is empty,

<ContentMetadata>
</ContentMetadata></WCS_Capabilities>

So I don't know what is happen, I made a probe like using shp2img to
generate a image png from mapfile and it is done

My Mapfile (only one layer) looks like in the following way:

MAP

  NAME "xxxx Map Server"
  SIZE  100 100   # NECESARIO PARA LA UTILIDAD shp2img
  UNITS DD
  EXTENT -90 -90 90 90
  DEBUG 5
  CONFIG "CPL_DEBUG" "ON"
  CONFIG "MS_ERRORFILE" "/tmp/mapserver.log" #a este fichero van mensajes
de error!! (equivalent to set SetEnv MS_ERRORFILE "/tmp/mapserver.log" in
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf)
  PROJECTION
   "init=epsg:4326"
   END # end projection
# Background color for the map canvas -- change as desired
  IMAGECOLOR 192 192 192
  IMAGEQUALITY 95
  IMAGETYPE jpeg

  # Usamos el driver GDAL para crear el formato Ráster en modo IMAGEN RGB
  OUTPUTFORMAT
   NAME GEOTIFF_RGB
   DRIVER "GDAL/GTiff"
   MIMETYPE "image/tiff"
   IMAGEMODE RGB
   EXTENSION 'tif'
  END   #end outputformat

  # Legend
  LEGEND
      IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
      STATUS ON
      KEYSIZE 18 12
   LABEL
      TYPE BITMAP
      SIZE MEDIUM
      COLOR 0 0 89
    END #end label
  END #end legend

  # Web interface definition. Only the template parameter is required to
display a map. See MapServer documentation
  WEB

    # Set IMAGEPATH to the path where MapServer should write its output.
    IMAGEPATH '/tmp/'
    # Set IMAGEURL to the url that points to IMAGEPATH as defined in your
web server configuration
    IMAGEURL '/tmp/'

    # WCS server settings
    METADATA
      'wms_title'            'xxxx Map Server'
      'wms_enable_request'   '*'
      'ows_onlineresource'   'http://domainserver/cgi-bin/mapserv?'
      #'ows_srs'             'CRS:84 EPSG:4326 urn:x-ogc:def:crs:EPSG:4326
urn:x-ogc:def:crs:EPSG:3035 EPSG:3035 EPSG:4258'
      'ows title'            'Intamap WCS'
      'ows_srs'              'CRS:84 EPSG:4326 urn:x-ogc:def:crs:EPSG:4326'
      'ows_abstract'         'Comentarios Blah Blah Blah'
      #'ows_srs'             'EPSG:3035 urn:x-ogc:def:crs:EPSG:3035'
      'wfs_title'            'xxxx WFS Server'
      'wfs_onlineresource'   'http://domainserver/cgi-bin/wfs?'
      'wfs_srs'              'EPSG:4326' ## Recommended
      'wfs_abstract'         'Web Feature Service for the XXXX central
geonode.' ## Recommended
      'wfs_enable_request'   '*'
      'wms_abstract'         'Web Map Service for the XXXX central geonode'
###### WCS  ################
      'wcs_label'              'XXXX WCS Server' ### required for WCS
      'wcs_title'              'XXX  Web Coverage Service Server'
      'wcs_description'        'Web Coverage Service for the XXXX central
geonode to serve coverages'
      'wcs_onlineresource'     'http://domainserver/cgi-bin/wcs?'
      'wcs_service_onlineresource' 'http://domainserver/cgi-bin/wcs?'
      'wcs_fees'               'none'
      'wcs_srs'                'EPSG:4326' ## Recommended
#     'wcs_abstract'           'Web Coverage Service for the XXXXXX central
geonode.' ## Recommended
      'wcs_accessconstraints'  'none'
      'wcs_keywordlist'        'WCS, TEXT, Coverage'
      'wcs_metadatalink_format'  "text/plain" #tipo MIME para formato de
ficheros
      'wcs_metadatalink_href'    "http://domainserver/catalog"  # URL al
metadata
      'wcs_metadatalink_type'    "TC211"   # standard que cumple el metadata
      "wcs_address"              "124 Gilmour Street"
      "wcs_city"                 "Ottawa"
      "wcs_stateorprovince"      "ON"
      "wcs_postcode"             "90210"
      "wcs_country"              "Canada"
      "wcs_contactelectronicmailaddress" "blah at blah"
      "wcs_contactperson"            "me"
      "wcs_contactorganization"      "unemployed"
      "wcs_contactposition"          "manager"
      "wcs_contactvoicetelephone"    "613-555-1234"
      "wcs_contactfacimiletelephone" "613-555-1235"
#      "wcs_service_onlineresource"   "http://domainserver/cgi-bin/wcs?"
      'wcs_enable_request'   '*'
    END #end metadata

    #Scale range at which web interface will operate
    # Template and header/footer settings
    # Only the template parameter is required to display a map. See
MapServer documentation
  END #end web

  LAYER
    NAME 'GLOBCORINE_Color'
    TYPE RASTER
    STATUS ON
    METADATA
       'wms_title'                'GLOBCORINE_2009'
#      'ows_metadataurl_format'   'text/html'
#      'ows_metadataurl_href'     'http://domainserver/catalog'
#      'ows_metadataurl_type'     'TC211'
      'wcs_label'                'GLOBCORINE 2009'
      'wcs_formats'              'GEOTIFF'
      'wcs_enable_request'       '*'
      'wcs_rangeset_name'        'Range 1'  ### required to support
DescribeCoverage request
      'wcs_rangeset_label'       'Globcorine 2009 classes' ### required to
support DescribeCoverage request
    END  #end metadata
    DATA '/path/GLOBCORINE_Color.tif'
#    PROJECTION
#    'proj=longlat'
#    'ellps=WGS84'
#    'datum=WGS84'
#    'no_defs'
#    ''
#    END #end projection

#    DUMP TRUE
  END  #end layer
END #end map

I have no xml capabilities file if I set DUMP TRUE in LAYER class, there is
a internal server error according to Apache.

I don`t know if there is a problem with GDAL library or not. I am just be
confussed

Any help would be very appreciate.

Thank you in advance

Jorge