[mapserver-users] Mapserv stopped running after upgrade to trunk

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Tue Feb 28 06:20:49 PST 2012

With MapServer trunk... you have to use the make install to install it..
rather than simply copying the mapserv app. I suppose you copied the
main mapserv script from the ms source directory... which is in fact
only a libtool wrapper. You can't use it.

./configure
make
make install

Alan

On 12-02-28 09:05 AM, Luís de Sousa wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to install the trunk version, I checkout the project, compiled it
> and moved it to the cgi-bin directory. But now it doesn't run:
>
> $ ./mapserv -v
> mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/lib/cgi-bin/.libs': Permission denied
> /usr/bin/ld.bfd.real: cannot open output file
> /usr/lib/cgi-bin/.libs/17805-lt-mapserv: No such file or directory
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit statusn
>
> Why is mapserv trying to access /usr/lib/cgi-bin/.libs? I had a previous
> version installed so I shouldn't be missing any libraries.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Luís
>
> --

Alan Boudreault