[mapserver-users] [Mapserver-users] map cache - is it possible to access different was sources based on the current resolution or scale?

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLKM Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Mon Jul 2 00:15:26 PDT 2012

Hello,

> Second, I am using windows (ms4w) so I don't
> know if that would have an impact on how or if I can set up
> seemliness.  Did you set your seemliness up in the Linux OS,
> or under the Apache configuration?

I set it up under Linux. Apache and even MapCache are out of scope
since this is a trick using pure filesystem capabilities. I asked
a windows system administrator and he told me that Windows 7 and
Windows Server 2008 support hard links.
  The easiest way to set this up would be to let the Apache web
server/MapCache create the filesystem structure by requesting at least
one tile for every zoom level of both tilesets. When this works
as expected then you can delete the level directories of one tileset
for the levels to be shared an recreate them as links to the
directories of the second tileset.

HTH