[mapserver-users] Mapserver docs and i18n

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Wed Jul 4 05:44:06 PDT 2012

Hello,

Thanks Thomas it is interesting to get I18n directly inside Sphinx. I know
that other project are going to use it also, as QGIS. Interesting because
QGIS project will use Pootle with GitHub [1]. Contributor can work on the
translation either via Pottl, text file or Ktranslator (or any application
working on translation file).

The drawbacks is that it needs works from translator to move their
translation to the new system. It is better to choose quickly wich way we
choose because I have some file in my file (almost all mapfile section has
been translated).

I have no opinion at this moment because I can help translating MapServer
doc directly via GitHub but it seems that some people are enjoying working
with Pootle as it really simplifies the process. I will probably use the
QGIS pootle infrastructure also.

@Thomas: I am using diff file for GDAL translation and it is quiet easy to
see what have been changed.

Thanks anyway,