[mapserver-users] php_mapscript not being loaded

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Jul 5 08:05:44 PDT 2012

On Jul 5, 2012, at 9:39 AM, Stefan Schwarzer wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I thought I would have finally got over with all the errors while installing everything anew (php, apache, postgres, mapserver).

apache?  You're not using the system apache?  If it's a major version change from the system apache, the APIs that php uses may have changed.

> But hadn't tested mapserver yet… Did all the installation with the latest Kyngchaos libraries.
>
> Running  "http://localhost/testphp.php"; but don't see any mapserver or mapscript. Nothing in there.
>
> There is a "php_mapscript.so" in "/usr/local/php5cgi/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626". I added "extension = php_mapscript.so" to php.ini, as well as "extension_dir = "/usr/local/php5cgi/lib/php/extensions"".

No need to set extension_dir, it defaults to the correct dir, which is not as you set it but includes the no-debug... subdir.

> Restarted the server, "sudo /usr/sbin/apachectl restart".

graceful is all that's needed: sudo apachectl graceful, but it probably doesn't matter.