[mapserver-users] How to get layer name in an identify template?

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Thu Jul 5 12:01:49 PDT 2012

I am trying to set up a single template, which will format the results of an identify (query by point).  Many of the layers have the same item names, so I'd like to use the same template for those layers.   I have this working well, except that I'd like the layer name to appear at the top of each query result.  How can I put this in as a variable that MapServer can interpret?

Below is my sample code of the template.  I put [wms_title] in as the variable for the layer name, but this doesn't work:

<!-- MapServer Template -->
<hr/>