[mapserver-users] Can Map Server serve non WMS services?

Sowmya Tiramdasu stiramdasu at qcoherent.com
Fri Jul 20 11:23:07 PDT 2012

Hi Steve,

 Even I am new to the company. So do not have much details. But I think ,
The GetProfileView operation returns a profile view of LIDAR data. Upon
receiving a GetProfileView request, a WMS shall either satisfy the request
or issue a service exception.

The WMS Server we have deals with LIDAR DATA (LAS Files). So when we draw a
line on the display lidar data and send a request for the getProfileView, we
get an image back as response if everything happened good. Else we get a
service exception.

The key value pairs ( parameters) passed along with getProfileView operation
are mentioned in the URL I specified in my previous email. I hope this
information  may give you some additional understanding.

Do you think I can use mapscript to make calls to any service ( NOT WMS) and
render the response image as a layer along with other shape file data
layers?

Thanks a lot for trying to help me. I am extremely sorry for giving you
limited info, I myself do not know much about all this . Sorry!

Thanks,
Sowmya.

Sowmya Tiramdasu
QCoherent Software