[mapserver-users] Info on wms_version parameter

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLKM Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Mon Jul 23 04:33:21 PDT 2012

Hi,

wms_server_version is a layer level metadata used only by WMS client layers and
is the WMS version to use when querying the cascaded remote WMS.
A WEB metadata called wms_getcapabilities_version specifies the default version
to respond with if the client doesn't provide one on a GetCapabilities request.
There's IMHO no option to restrict the server to a specific version.

HTH