[mapserver-users] Mapserver as wms client

Sowmya Tiramdasu stiramdasu at qcoherent.com
Tue Jul 24 15:13:49 PDT 2012

Hi,

  I configures map server to act as a WMS Client. But it doesn't work as
expected. When i make a getMap request to my WMS server I get the right
image back but when I try to make it a layer through my map server it is not
working.

I am using fiddler to see all the calls made to the server. I see the
request I am sending to the map server but do not see a request to my WMS
Server( I thought when Map server tries to consume the WMS server, it sends
a request to the WMS Server- which should be shown in fiddler)

find below my map file:

MAP

   IMAGETYPE      PNG

   EXTENT        1525556.83 190608.70 1547770.63 207656.82 # LAEA

   SIZE           984 660

   SHAPEPATH      "../data"

   SYMBOLSET      "../symbols/symbols35.sym"

   #IMAGECOLOR     32 32 32

  FONTSET        "../fonts/fonts.list"

   WEB

    IMAGEPATH "/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/"

    IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"

    METADATA

                 "wms_enable_request" "*"

         "wms_title" "WMS Lidar Server"

         "wms_onlineresource" "http://localhost:8080/keenland?"

         "wms_srs" "EPSG:32617"

    END

  END

LAYER

    NAME         Photogrammetric_Point #Photogrammetric points

    DATA         Photogrammetric_Point

    STATUS       OFF

    TYPE         POINT

PROJECTION

      "init=epsg:32617"

    END

    CLASS

      NAME       "Photogrammetric points"

      STYLE

        COLOR        220 32 32

      END

    END

  END

                  LAYER

                                NAME "lidar"

                                TYPE RASTER

                                STATUS ON

                                CONNECTION "http://localhost:8080/keenland?"

                                CONNECTIONTYPE WMS

                                METADATA

                                                  "wms_srs" "EPSG:32617"

                                                  "wms_name"
"Contours,Points,Boundaries"

                                                  "wms_server_version"
"1.1.1"

                                                  "wms_format" "image/png"

                                                  "wms_exceptions_format"
"application/vnd.ogc.se_xml"

                                                  "wms_latlonboundingbox"
"1517852.6794090855 186462.90718181827 1555978.4750454489
212035.08718181826"

                                                  "wms_width" "984"

                                                  "wms_height" "660"

                                                END

                END

DEBUG 0

 CONFIG "MS_ERRORFILE" "/ms4w/tmp/ms_error.txt"

END # Map File

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sowmya.