[mapserver-users] MapServer and PHP

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 07:02:30 PDT 2012

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Oh one final note: I did cringe when you mention "XP": that platform is
> becoming old now, similar to (when I started this) users stuck on
> Windows98 years ago.  Be warned that for best results with MS4W you
> should be using a more recent Windows version such as Windows7 or Vista.

Since my own customer base banned Vista, they are only just upgrading to
Windows7, but most have now switched to using Linux for the web server
infrastructure where they were pure windows sites before. Best results for
Mapserver are on Linux and our benchmarks show that W7 running Apache/PHP leaves
a lot to be desired ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL