[mapserver-users] MapServer and PHP

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Jul 30 08:49:26 PDT 2012

On 12-07-30 11:37 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> Thanks for your feedback.  In fact at last year's WMS Benchmarking
> exercise with several software teams, we found that MapServer on Windows
> did very well vs Linux, and other mapping engines for that matter (don't
> just take my word for it, see the numbers at
> http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/benchmarking/wms/2011/presentation/).

Looking at the charts in the 2011 Benchmark presentations, it seems that
MapServer on Linux was more or less 3 times faster than the Windows
version in each chart. So my interpretation is that MapServer on Windows
is doing as well as the rest of the pack, but in those tests, MapServer
and Mapnik on Linux were still doing much better. Am I missing something?

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/