[mapserver-users] Best approach for huge dataset.

web web at infogeo.ch
Mon Jul 30 16:08:14 PDT 2012

Hi guys,

I'm building a WMS with around 1000 tif files that are about 2gb each one. I wonder if the approach I've taken is the most appropriate. I built a mapfile with one LAYER declaration for each file. That makes then  1000 LAYER declarations. I use a GROUP and call it in the LAYERS parameter in my client to avoid writting the 1000 names :-)
But well it's kinda slow to open as you can guess.
Is this approach a good one or is there any other more appropriate I could follow?

Best regards.