[mapserver-users] Base map data for WMS

Edward Mac Gillavry emacgillavry at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 7 03:43:34 EST 2012

Reinoud,

For this, I'd recommend going with OpenStreetMap data (http://www.openstreetmap.org/). You can either download the whole data set for the world yourself and start building, or you can take mapping services from various suppliers. Check out http://www.switch2osm.org/ for further information. You'll be in good company!

Kind regards,

Edward

E. Mac Gillavry (Edward)
[t]  +31 (0)30-26 72 225