[mapserver-users] no output template for WMS getFeatureInfo

jorgelopez jorgelopez.physics at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 04:19:23 EDT 2012

Hello Everyone:

I have a problem  that I partially resolved realting getfeatureinfo request
and I am confused if it can be done with Mapserver 5.6 at mapfile  or
template level by just simply modifiying the solution I got looking at doc
and forums.

I fix wms_feature_mime_type, DUMP true, (simple but customized) TEMPLATE,
HEADER and FOOTER stuff to serve a table with some attributes for a specific
layer. My initial idea is to create templates for each layer and not use
template engine. The results are displayed by WMS client like ArcMap or
directly with web browser.

My problem is ***** that I need a correct message to a WMS client from Map
Server when no output, that is, user click map where there is no attribute
data. Actually ArcMap asking me to save a empty temp file when no data is
clicked. With a web browser, empty screen is displayed and QGIS directly
does not show something.

how can I control nodata output with Mapserver for WMS getfeatureinfo?

My (central) TEMPLATE is like that:

and I dont know how to match with said here:

http://mapserver.org/output/template_output.html
"" Attributes:

    layer: The layer to be used
    nodata: (optional) A string to return if no results are returned.
""

Any ideas? Thank in advance

Jorge