[mapserver-users] GetLegendGraphic, is sld_version mandatory in 1.3.0 ?

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Tue May 1 05:25:36 EDT 2012

Hi,
I'm testing the trunk version of MapServer.

I try a getlegendgraphics call using this sintax:

http://localhost/com.rt.wms.RTmap/wms?map=test.map&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetLegendGraphic&VERSION=1.3.0&FORMAT=image/png&WIDTH=20&HEIGHT=20&LAYER=castore_ingombro_carte_derivate

I'm having this response:

http://www.opengis.net/ogc
http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.3.0/exceptions_1_3_0.xsd"><ServiceException
>code="MissingParameterValue">
>GetLegendGraphic(): WMS server error. Missing required parameter
SLD_VERSION
></ServiceException></ServiceExceptionReport>

As it say, seem the sld_version is mandatory in wms 1.3.0.

Infact if I test the same call using wms=1.1.1, the response was OK.

The manual say it is an optional parameter. Never say on its mandatory in
WMS 1.3.0.
http://mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html?highlight=getlegendgraphics

Is really mandatory the SLD_Version parameter in wms 1.3.0 ?

Thx,

--
Andrea Peri