AW: [mapserver-users] Layers mutually exclusive

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLKM Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Wed May 2 07:47:31 EDT 2012

You might try at the layer level:

REQUIRES [expression]
    Sets context for displaying this layer, for example:

    REQUIRES "![orthoquads]"

    means that this layer would NOT be displayed if a layer named "orthoquads" is on. The expression consists of a boolean expression based on the status of other layers, each [layer name] substring is replaced by a 0 or a 1 depending on that layer's STATUS and then evaluated as normal. Logical operators AND and OR can be used.

If you have let's say three layers called scale_0, scale_1 and scale_2 for consecutive intervalls of the scale, you can try
  REQUIRES "![scale_1] and ![scale_2]"
on layer scale_0. I don't know if this works as expected, never tried that...

HTH