[mapserver-users] Re: handling features that cross the date line

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Sat May 5 00:25:54 EDT 2012

Hi Puneet,

One way is to reproject.
Another is to shift longitudes  to 0-360 instead of +-180
Another is to select your dataset, unioned to itself shifted 360 degrees in the mapserver data statement

the Postgis function ST_shiftlongitude can help.

One example is to switch on one of the Biodiversity layers at:
http://www.os2020.org.nz/project-map-chatchallenger/

These are all mapserver WMS layers crossing 180 degrees. provided by mapserver & displayed with OpenLayers.

There is an issue, in that if the map pans to either side of 180, the entire layer is redrawn, but at least the map looks correct.

Cheers,

  Brent Wood