[mapserver-users] Truetype font rendering changes?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon May 7 11:56:49 EDT 2012

Johan,

You need to provide a simple test case if you want a developer to help
diagnose this problem.

I would suggest creating a simple mapfile that draws a single label like
the following. Adjust it to your needs

MAP
   SIZE 100 100
   EXTENT 100 100
   UNITS inches
   FONTSET "fontset.txt"
   IMAGETYPE ...

   OUTPUTFORMAT
   END

   LAYER
     TYPE POINT
     STATUS DEFAULT
     FEATURE
       POINTS 50 50 END
     END
     CLASS
       STYLE
         SYMBOL 0
         COLOR 0 0 0
       END
       TEXT "123"
       LABEL
         TYPE TRUETYPE
         FONT "arial-narrow"
         SIZE 7
         COLOR 0 0 0
       END
     END
   END
END

Test this on both servers. Also make sure you are using the same font
file, ie copy it to your test example directory and create a new
fontset.txt that only have this single font referenced in it. If you
still get different results, then tar/zip up the test example and email
it to Steve L or me and I will make it available as a link if you can
post a link to it.

-Steve W