[mapserver-users] polygon border artifacts

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Mon May 7 14:17:38 EDT 2012

The artifacts are more or less prominent depending on the color something is drawn over. I think it's a result
of the analytic anti-aliasing done by AGG. I had read a thread once that talked about it, I recall it being most
prominent with horizontal and vertical lines. In the example Sven provided if you change the IMAGE color also to
blue you don't see any artifacts between ocean polys, although of course you don't see the islands, so the artifacts
is related to anti-aliasing blue on red. A different background might make it more subtle.

The work around is easy enough, draw an outline, although I don't know why anti-aliasing associated with that rendering
doesn't itself produce an artifact.

Steve