[mapserver-users] Help Required with WMS Time

Helen San Segundo Navazo hsansegundo at meteo.cat
Thu May 10 07:48:39 EDT 2012

Hi,
I don't use the time dimension, what I use is run-time substitution
http://mapserver.org/cgi/runsub.html
I have 6 variables. You have to put the validation pattern inside the
metadata tag and a validation tag with the pattern of your variables.

With this you can invoke the params in the url. If you put them the
query will be with the values in the url, if not, then the query will be
with the default values defined in the metadata tag.

Hope this help you,
Helen

LAYER
     NAME 'name'
     HEADER "templates/getfeatureinfo_header.html" # header html template
     TEMPLATE "templates/getfeatureinfo_content.html" # content html
template
     FOOTER "templates/getfeatureinfo_footer.html" # footer html template
     METADATA
         'ows_title' 'title'
         'wms_feature_info_mime_type' "text/html"
         "gml_include_items" "all"
         "wms_include_items"   "all"

         'aini_validation_pattern'    '^[0-9]{1,8}$'
         'afi_validation_pattern'    '^[0-9]{1,8}$'
         'mini_validation_pattern'      '^[0-9]{1,8}$'
         'mfi_validation_pattern'      '^[0-9]{1,8}$'
         'dini_validation_pattern'      '^[0-9]{1,8}$'
         'dfi_validation_pattern'      '^[0-9]{1,8}$'

         'default_aini'    '2012'
         'default_afi'    '2012'
         'default_mini'      '4'
         'default_mfi'      '4'
         'default_dini'      '24'
         'default_dfi'      '25'

     END
     VALIDATION
         'aini'    '^[0-9]{1,8}$'
         'afi'    '^[0-9]{1,8}$'
         'mini'      '^[0-9]{1,8}$'
         'mfi'      '^[0-9]{1,8}$'
         'dini'      '^[0-9]{1,8}$'
         'dfi'      '^[0-9]{1,8}$'

     END
     STATUS OFF

     PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4326"
     END

   CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
   CONNECTION "user=postgres password=pp dbname=mm host=host"
   DATA "the_geom FROM (SELECT oid,geometry_columns
                                             from table
                                             where
time>='%aini%-%mini%-%dini% 00:00:00'
                                             and time<'%afi%-%mfi%-%dfi%