[mapserver-users] how to embed images in a map

Lime, Steve D (DNR) Steve.Lime at state.mn.us
Mon May 14 11:40:09 EDT 2012

It the logo/graphs exist as images then you can just use symbols as annotation. How you'd do that depends on version.

In 5.6 and earlier you'd use an annotation layer:

LAYER
  TYPE ANNOTATION
  CLASS
    TEXT ' ' # blank text
    STYLE
      SYMBOL 'some image file'
    END
END

In 6.0+ the annotation layer above should still work but you can use LABEL styles to do the same thing when you do the polygon fills which requires one pass through the data and is more efficient:

LAYER
  TYPE POLYGON
  CLASS
    TEXT ' ' # blank text