[mapserver-users] variable substitution

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu May 17 10:46:13 EDT 2012

So, http://mapserver.org/mapfile/variable_sub.html details how I can do variable substitution using either cookies or CGI params. My problem is slightly different, and I am hoping one of you wizards must have solved it already so you could help.

I have mapfiles on my development machine with one set of path names. These mapfiles, along with the rest of the application, are pushed to a git repo, and then pulled down to the production server where, unfortunately, the path names are different. Short of maintaining two sets of mapfiles, how can I do a variable substitution in the path name so everything works.

--
Puneet Kishor