[mapserver-users] mapcache_seed and DIM variables - order of folders created

Helen San Segundo Navazo hsansegundo at meteo.cat
Wed May 23 07:58:05 EDT 2012

hi ,
after some problems installing mapcache now I can use it perfectly.

I'm testing the mapcache_seed using dim variables and it works but when
the folders are created I don't know if it's possible to create it in a
determinate order.

I have a mapfile that accepts runtime substitution variables (date,
hour, minute)

My mapcache.xml has defined the dimensions tag inside the tileset tag
with the 3 variables

if I execute mapcache as:
sudo ./mapcache_seed -c /var/www/mapcache/mapcache.xml -t
Meteosat_params -g WGS84 -z 0,3 -M 2,2  -D "minute=00" -D "hour=14"  -D
"date=20120314"
I obtain:

--Meteosat_params
   |-------WGS84
             |-------00 (minute)
                       |-------14 (hour)
                                 |-------20120314 (date)

It would be better for what I need if the folder order could be
date-hour-minute instead of minute-hour-date

I've tried to change the order in the mapcache_seed request but the
result is always the same, anybody knows if it's possible to define the
folder's order.

Thanks in advance,
Helen