[mapserver-users] On a wms-request force the add of a layer when another layer is requested

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue May 29 06:22:40 PDT 2012

Hi,

Layer2 should come always together with Layer1 If you put this line in Layer2 definitions

 REQUIRES "[Layer1]"

Without testing I cannot guarantee that I remember it right.  For me the logic of keyword "REQUIRES" feels reversed because my brain says that Layer2 is rather required by Layer1. Perhaps native English speakers think it is OK and explicit like it is now.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

________________________________
Andrea Peri  wrote:
Hi,
I'm using MapServer trunk version.

Thx to Stephen Woodbridge response,
(http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapserver-users/2012-May/072326.html)

I'm able to avoid the use of a single layer of a group.

Now I have another (perhaps) more complex question.

I need to realize a map file with a configuration that
when the Layer1 is ligh-on from the user (using a wms request), the map response will contains also another "Layer2".

But I cannot use the "group" element because the two layers (Layer1 and layer2) are not in the same group.
They are in two distinct and different groups.

So I guess to allow this should be available a command like "requires", but that force the light-on of Layer2 instead of deny the light-on of the layer1.

Is this available on mapServer ?

thx,

--
Andrea Peri