[mapserver-users] PostgreSQL and WMS/WFS

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Oct 12 09:39:25 PDT 2012

On 12-10-12 12:33 PM, Saint wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to know if is possible set up a service (WMS/WFS) for a layer
> stored within Postgres.
>
> I have one WEBGIS application that can't connect to PostgreSQL but if I use
> the data inside Postgres I can get the URL from WMS and add the maps.

Hello,

Yes you can setup a MapServer WMS and/or WFS service for a PostGIS
layer. (for example, for WFS just follow the instructions at
http://www.mapserver.org/ogc/wfs_server.html)

If your layer is not a PostGIS layer but just a Postgres table with xy
columns it is also possible (for example, see
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/VirtualSpatialData).

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna