[mapserver-users] 6.2.0-rc1: error while compiling the csharp mapscript module: OSGeo.MapServer.mapscriptPINVOKE.mapscriptPINVOKE()' is already defined

Tim Banchi tim.banchi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 05:28:55 PDT 2012

Hello,

when I try to compile the csharp mapscript module of mapserver 6.2.0.rc1 I
get the following error:

mapscriptPINVOKE.cs(192,10): error CS0111: A member
`OSGeo.MapServer.mapscriptPINVOKE.mapscriptPINVOKE()' is already defined.
Rename this member or use different parameter types.

I tried to delete the dubble entry of the member mapscriptPINVOKE() in the
mapscriptPINVOKE.cs file but this file seems to be autogenerated by the
compilation process. I do understand too little of the make process to
adapt the compile script (probably somebody can help me with that?).

I configured, compiled and installed the mapserver with the following
./configure --with-wfs --with-wcs --with-sos --with-wmsclient
--with-wfsclient --with-proj --with-gdal --with-ogr --with-geos --with-gd
--with-tiff --with-jpeg --with-agg --with-eppl --with-postgis --with-sde
--with-freetype --with-threads --with-experimental-png

but also other configurations (without any parameters or disabling fastcgi
because there is a post of 2006 with problems with the csharp module if
fastcgi enabled) doesn't make any difference. also with older versions of
mapserver (eg stable the latest stable version 6.0.3. or the latest stable
version of 5.8.x) I get exactly the same error message.

I run ubuntu 12.04 x86 and have mapserver installed via the packaging
system (I could not not find any csharp-mapscript package),

can anybody help me with
- find a precompiled csharp_mapscript package for ubuntu 12.04 x86
- adapt the compile script so the member mapscriptPINVOKE is not written
twice
- help me with the configuration of the mapserver to solve the compile
problem

Tim