[mapserver-users] Problems with GetFeatureInfo in Internet Explorer

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 02:58:17 PDT 2012

Hi Erik,
I guess this is a different aproach of IE rather than FF.

AFAIK,
IE will use the extension of downloaded file to understand what kind of
file it is and launch the right viewer.
Insted FF will use the mime information to understand the kind of file.

So I should say to IE to link the .dat (the extension of the GML returned
from MapServer) to the IE himself or to a XML viewer.

Regards,

Andrea.

2012/10/16 Erick <erik.guldberg at kartverket.no>

> Hello,
> When I try to open this GetFeatureInfo request in Firefox or Chrome, I get
> the result inside the browser window. When I try to open it in Internet
> Explorer I get the result as a file I have to download. Does anybody know
> why, and how to get the result inside the browser?
>

> http://wms.geonorge.no/skwms1/wms.stedsnavn_fag?LAYERS=Vedtatt&CRS=EPSG:32633&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetFeatureInfo&QUERY_LAYERS=Vedtatt&INFO_FORMAT=text/plain&STYLES=default&BBOX=224686,7002377,231190,7006179&WIDTH=1230&HEIGHT=719&X=615&Y=359
>

> Thanks,
> Erik
>

> --

Andrea Peri