[mapserver-users] ubuntu 12.04 install problem

Tim Banchi tim.banchi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 01:06:04 PDT 2012

Hello Vincent,

I understand too little about graphics libraries or masperver to know the
source of these error messages but it seems that you are missing some GD
graphics libraries? I followed the following how-to (at least for
configuring and compiling mapserver) and mapserver worked out fine:
http://proyectosbeta.net/2012/09/compilamos-mapserver-6-2-0-beta3-en-debian-squeeze/

does this help? I can also send you a list of libgd* libraries I have
installed (but I guess actually the configure script of mapserver should
make sure that everything is installed, right?)

Tim