[mapserver-users] libpng error: image size exceeds user limits in IHDR

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 12:51:12 PDT 2012

>> 2012/10/23 Andrea Peri <aperi2007 at gmail.com>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Perhaps something correlated to the bit of colors ? The GIF is a 256 only
>>> color format.
>>> Instead the png could be to million colors.
>>
>> Thanks for the hint, but I believe it's something related to the
>> libraries or the python bindings on the server: I have a copy which
>> works perfeclty locally, the OUTPUTFORMAT AGGA is working well here
>> but crashes on the server.

After recompiling gdal, mapserver, all python bindings and restart all
the server stack and caches the problem seems to be gone away (too
late to be sure, maybe the dawn of tomorrow will shed some light on
this nightmare).

I also had to remove
GDAL_LIBRARY_PATH = '/usr/local/lib/libgdal.so'
from the project (Django) settings, don't ask me why... the path was
absolutely correct.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it