[mapserver-users] Using fallback fonts?

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Mon Aug 5 08:09:23 PDT 2013

thomas bonfort <thomas.bonfort at gmail.com> wrote:

> it's possible in mapserver since version 6.2 :
> http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-80.html . Note that
> there's a hardcoded limit of 4 fallbacks font (1 main font + 4
> fallbacks).  In mapserver 7.0 this limit will be lifted, and it will
> also be possible to prioritize which font to use for a specific script
> ("script" is more or less equivalent to "language")

Ah, nice! I'll try this ASAP.

Speaking about "script" defaults, will it be possible to change the
fonts-size based on those as well?

Reason is, that non-latin fonts will often need different sizes to make them
readable on a map.

Sven

--
"In the land of the brave and the free, we defend our freedom
with the GNU GPL" (Richard M. Stallman on www.gnu.org)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web