[mapserver-users] Min/max pixelsize vs. min/max scaledenom

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Aug 27 04:53:53 PDT 2013

Hi,

Not quite identical because I can write my suggestion shorter. I think that this was my meaning:

"If I set MINPIXELSIZE in a mapfile, let Mapserver to multiply it by 2834.645669 and use the result as MINSCALEDENOM and do the same thing with MAXPIXELSIZE and MAXSCALEDENOM."

I am not sure anymore if it is worth the pain if it is really that simple.  The formula for converting pixel size into scale could be added to MINSCALEDENOM/MAXSCALEDENOM documentation in http://mapserver.org/mapfile/layer.html or some other suitable place with a notice that it suits for meters.

-Jukka-