[mapserver-users] HowTo? GotoState set extents

Tom Price tom_price at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 07:00:25 PST 2013

Working with the 2010 Tiger state/county shape file and looking for the best way to find the proper extents to display a specific state.

Years ago, I ended up spinning through the selected state's shape file and getting min/max. But, for 2010 Tiger all states are combined in the same shape file and I'm really confused how to select just the shapes for a given state.

Never liked the original solution. Is there a better way?

Using C#/Mapscript with VS2008.

Thanks in advance.