[mapserver-users] Editing via Mapserver application?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Jan 2 11:27:15 PST 2013

On 13-01-02 2:00 PM, Bistrais, Bob wrote:
> I would like to build a MapServer-based application which includes the
> ability to edit features, and am posting to see what others have done.
> Our current stack includes a GeoMoose front end, that is, MapServer/PHP
> MapScript, and Open Layers. Currently, we have a SQL Server/SDE
> database, and ArcGIS Server available, but have not implemented PostGIS.
>
> With that in mind, I was wondering what advice others have, and if
> anyone has a working application, could you direct me to it so that I
> could have a look?  Any suggestions appreciated.

Here are two examples supporting WFS-T editing via TinyOWS:

http://labs.mapgears.com/en/archive/wfstfeatureediting-ux

and

http://labs.mapgears.com/en/archive/bdga-wfst

Both examples come with a page listing the details of the components used.

BTW, for anyone interested, there are more demos/samples/experiments in
our Mapgears Labs site at http://labs.mapgears.com/

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/