[mapserver-users] GetLegendGraphics don't return correctly the point symbol

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 03:18:23 PST 2013

Hi,

I have a polygon layer that at some scales try to render with a symbol.
To do this I define a specific symbol style:

  SYMBOL
    NAME "circlefill"
    TYPE ellipse
    POINTS
      1 1
    END
    FILLED true
    ANCHORPOINT 0.5 0.5
  END

And use this in the class definition as here where I put two class one
with a polygon rendering (when area bigger) and a second class with
point rendering when area is lower:

    CLASS
      NAME 'area superiore a 1ha'
      EXPRESSION ( ([AREA] >= 1000000) )
      GROUP 'delimitazione zona di vincolo'
      MAXSCALEDENOM 4000100
      MINSCALEDENOM 50100
      STYLE
         COLOR "#F2BAFE80"
         OUTLINECOLOR "#F2BAFE"
         ANTIALIAS false
      END
    END
    CLASS
      NAME 'area inferiore a 1ha'
      EXPRESSION ( ([AREA] < 1000000) )
      GROUP 'delimitazione zona di vincolo'
      MAXSCALEDENOM 4000100
      MINSCALEDENOM 50100
      STYLE
         GEOMTRANSFORM 'start'
         SYMBOL 'circlefill'
         SIZE 4
         COLOR "#F2BAFEFF"
         OUTLINECOLOR "#F2BAFE"
         ANTIALIAS false
      END
    END

Unfortunately the getlegendgraphis don't recognize this symbol
definition and seem to render always using a polygon style (because
the layer is originally a polygon).

This is what return the GetLegendGraphics.

http://web.regione.toscana.it/wmsraster/com.rt.wms.RTmap/wms?map=wmstematici&service=wms&request=GetLegendGraphic&version=1.3.0&format=image/png&SLD_VERSION=1.1.0&layer=rt_tematici.idarch_a_1.rt&scale=60000

Am I wrong something in the class definitions ?

Many thx,