[mapserver-users] apache module - mapserver

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLKM Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Fri Jan 18 01:40:56 PST 2013

> I noticed during compilation of mapserver 6.2 that there is
> an apache module as well.

Please note that the module currently has limited functionality.

> However, which parameters do i need to pass to httpd.conf for
> the module to work correctly? How can I properly test it when
> its configured as module? Calling /mapserver or /mapserv
> didn't do the trick for me.

You need to configure a <Location> and set the Mapfile directive, f.e.:

<Location "/mapserver">
  Mapfile "/path/to/mapfiles/mapfile.map"
</Location>

Currently you need to create such a configuration for every MAP file you
want to publish.