[mapserver-users] How retrieve the maxsize information with an http request

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Jan 29 13:18:45 PST 2013

On 1/29/2013 1:03 PM, Andrea Peri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some gis software like qgis allow to define the tile size to retrieve
> a map as a mosaic of tiles from a wms.
> This is a very good feature.
>
> But to use it efficiently is necessary to know the
>
> maxsize value applied in the mapfile of the wms server.
>
> Is this information retrievable from the getcapabilities or there is a
> differente cgi request to have this information ?

You could probably write a simple PHP or Perl mapscript app where you
pass it the mapfile and it returns these info. You should be able to
access it out of the map object once you load the mapfile.

I'm pretty sure you can not get this directly from the cgi as it does
not have the ability to query metadata and that inforamtion is not
exposed via getcapabilities so that will not work.

-Steve