[mapserver-users] Strange Issue with WMS: msWMSGetCapabilities(): WMS server error. WMS request not enabled

David Pardy david.pardy at airborne.aero
Tue Jul 2 12:04:24 PDT 2013

Hi all, I have been struggling with trying to figure this issue out: I
think I've correctly set up the "wms_enable_request" in METADATA under
WEB.
"wms_enable_request" "*"
Also tried the same under METADATA for LAYER
and for both I also tried
"ows_enable_request" "*"
And when specifying

http://192.168.2.164/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/data2/html/OL_AllWorldAirp
orts/catest.map&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

It still returns the same error, which is mildly perplexing.

Any input on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Also posted a
question to the link below if you'd like to comment there.

http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/65074/mapserver-mswmsgetcapabilit
ies-wms-server-error-wms-request-not-enabled

Thank you.
David