[mapserver-users] MapServer and ArcSDE

Weisbender, Eric Weisbend at WAPA.GOV
Thu Jul 11 12:49:52 PDT 2013

Hello List,

I'm making this post so that others may avoid the pain that I just went through.  We finaly have a working install of MapServer 6.2.1 compiled with GDAL 1.9 on 64 Bit Linux Red Hat 6 Enterprise displaying and querying data from ArcSDE 10.0.  At first the data displayed fine with a patch to the mapsde.c file from Steve Lime, thanks Steve.  The problem we struggled with for weeks was querying SDE.  After a lot of internet searching and sleepless nights I came across the blurb of code below that was the game changer.  We added this to the mods that Steve made to the mapsde.c file and presto.  Anyway if anyone want to know more you can contact me through the list or at my email below.

Steve, I owe you a beer.

void msSDELayerFreeItemInfo(layerObj *layer)

{

#ifdef USE_SDE

    msSDELayerInfo *sde = NULL;

    int i;

    if (!msSDELayerIsOpen(layer)) {

        msSetError( MS_SDEERR,

                    "SDE layer has not been opened.",

                    "msSDELayerFreeItemInfo()");

    }

    sde = layer->layerinfo;

    if (sde != NULL && sde->basedefs) {

        SE_table_free_descriptions(sde->basedefs);

        sde->basedefs = NULL;

    }

    if (sde != NULL && sde->joindefs) {

        SE_table_free_descriptions(sde->joindefs);

        sde->joindefs = NULL;

    }

    if (layer->iteminfo) {

        :