[mapserver-users] Forwarding time dimension

Ezequiel Lara Gómez ezequiel.lara at qualitasremos.com
Fri Jul 26 04:14:56 PDT 2013

Regards,

I am trying to set mapserver as a reprojecting proxy (as my origin WMS
only serves EPSG:4326 requests, which I need to "reproject" to 3857 for
openlayers to be able to overlay them over google maps base imagery).

However, the origin WMS has a time dimension, which I would need to use
from our client - not only request a specific time from the origin layer
with "wms_time", but to serve also the timeextent supported in
getCapabilities requests, besides passing through the requested TIME
from our layer. This gets lost in the proxying.

I could maybe set "wms_timeextent" in the reprojected layer definition,
but my point would be not needing it to know it statically beforehand,
but passing it from the origin layer.

¿Is there any way this can be done?

(for the record, the map definition I'm using looks like:

MAP
NAME "JPLG1SST"
STATUS ON
EXTENT -20037508 -20037508 20037508 20037508  #map extents in meters
WEB
METADATA
	"wms_enable_request" 	"*"
	"ows_enable_request" 	"*"