[mapserver-users] Oracle access using CONNECTIONTYPE PLUGIN

Nelly.Howind at kivbf.de Nelly.Howind at kivbf.de
Tue Jul 30 00:07:08 PDT 2013

Hi,

I try to access an oracle DB using following entry in mapfile:

CONNECTIONTYPE PLUGIN
PLUGIN "msplugin_oracle.dll"
CONNECTION "localhost,port:1521,<DBname>,<user>,<password>"
DATA "GEOM FROM WSG USING SRID 31467"

I installed Oracle 11g locally on Windows 2008 R2 64 bit system and can connect to it via Net Manager or SQL Developer.
I use a compiled mapserver  release MSVC2010 Win 64 downloaded from http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/, which works fine with file based geodata.

Now I get an error message ORA-01005 (null password given; logon denied), but I set password correctly.

Has anybody an idea, what I am making wrong? Has connection string using oracle another syntax?

Thanks in advance
Nelly

Kommunale Informationsverarbeitung Baden-Franken

Nelly Howind

Kommunale Dienstleistungen
Geoinformation und Umwelt
Betriebsstätte Karlsruhe
Pfannkuchstraße 4, 76185 Karlsruhe
Fon:    +49 721 9529 351
Fax:    +49 721 9529 500351
E-Mail:         Nelly.Howind at kivbf.de
Internet:       http://www.kivbf.de

________________________________
Zweckverband
Kommunale Informationsverarbeitung Baden-Franken
Pfannkuchstraße 4, 76185 Karlsruhe
Fon +49 721 9529 0, Fax +49 721 9529 120
Verbandsvorsitzender: LR Hämmerle
Hauptgeschäftsführer: William Schmitt

Kommunales Rechenzentrum Baden Franken GmbH
Pfannkuchstraße 4, 76185 Karlsruhe
Fon +49 721 9529 0, Fax +49 721 9529 120
Hauptgeschäftsführer: William Schmitt
Handelsregister des Amtsgerichts Mannheim Nr. HRB 109683