[mapserver-users] OFFSITE with jpeg problems in mapserver 6.X

Fiona Hemsley-Flint fiona.flint at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jul 31 02:05:27 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am having some problems with jpeg images from mapserver 6.X  when the
map layer includes the 'OFFSITE' parameter on a unix install the image
just looks terrible (see offsite_on.jpg attached in comparison to the
offsite_off.jpg). On a Windows install, the image is completely black
when OFFSITE is on.

It works perfectly fine when I call the image using the png format, and
in Mapserver 5.4

Here is an example showing the layer I am calling:

LAYER
      NAME "HM_1840_10000_york"

      METADATA
         "wms_title" "HM_1840_10000_york"
         "wms_srs"   "EPSG:27700"
         "wms_extent"   "0.0 0.0 700000.0 1300000.0"
         "wms_group" "HM_1840_map_york"
      END

      GROUP "HM_1840_map_york"

      TILEINDEX "HM_1840_10000_db_york"
      TILEITEM "tifpath"
      STATUS OFF
      TYPE RASTER
      #OFFSITE 255 255 255

      PROCESSING "RESAMPLE=AVERAGE"

      MINSCALEDENOM 6000.0
      MAXSCALEDENOM 22000.0

      PROJECTION
         "init=epsg:27700"
      END
END

I hope someone can help!

Thanks,
Fiona

Dr Fiona Hemsley-Flint
EDINA National Data Centre,
University of Edinburgh

+44(0)131 6514462

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.