[mapserver-users] PIXMAP Symbols rendered badly in MapServer 6.2.1

Robert R. Raiz raizrobert at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 23:32:36 PDT 2013

Hello all,

Recently I switched from Mapserver 5.0 & Chameleon to Mapserver 6.2.1 and
GeoMoose.

The problem is that I lost the quality of my png icons (symbols). They do
not render well in the new setup - GeoMoose nor with legend or shp2img
commands (fuzzy edges, no clear colors) like it would render 8bit instead
of a higher quality.

I wonder what could be the cause of it? maybe libpng 1.6.2? (I used 1.2.43
back in MapServer 5.0);

I tried both the legend command and shp2img to see what happens there. I am
pasting the result from shp2img --all_debug 5:

msLoadMap(): 0.003s
msDrawMap(): rendering using outputformat named png24 (AGG/PNG).
msDrawMap(): WMS/WFS set-up and query, 0.000s
msDrawMap(): Layer 0 (Land), 0.002s
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using
png_read_image
msDrawMap(): Layer 1 (Hospital), 0.008s
msDrawMap(): Layer 2 (Clinic), 0.034s
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using
png_read_image
msDrawMap(): Layer 3 (Library), 0.019s
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using
png_read_image
msDrawMap(): Layer 4 (Museum), 0.007s
msDrawMap(): Drawing Label Cache, 0.000s
msDrawMap() total time: 0.074s
msSaveImage(elpaso2.png) total time: 0.107s
msFreeMap(): freeing map at 0x1a03480.
freeLayer(): freeing layer at 0x1a0c3c0.
freeLayer(): freeing layer at 0x1a0ddc0.
freeLayer(): freeing layer at 0x1a11550.
freeLayer(): freeing layer at 0x1a148f0.
freeLayer(): freeing layer at 0x1a17bc0.
freeLayer(): freeing layer at 0x1a1aed0.
shp2img total time: 0.186s

As you can see, except layer 0 where I do not have symbols, all of them
return an error.
Can anyone help me fix this issue?
Thank you all,

--