[mapserver-users] Mapcache tileset only shows sporadically in KML / Google Earth

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 01:15:06 PDT 2013

John,
The configuration seems ok, you might want to remove the threaded_fetching
part as it will only help in very specific scenarios.
As for the root issue, are your tilesets fully preseeded or are they
populated on demand? KML superoverlays are organized in a tree, i.e. to
access a tile at zoom level N you first need to access all parent tiles
from level 0 to N-1; on an unseeded tileset with a slow wms backend this
might be a very long wait. Also please check the apache error log for any
mapcache related messages.

regards,
thomas