[mapserver-users] Best way to import 4.5TB of imagery?

Evans, James R Civ USAF ACC 84 RADES/SCZE James.Evans at hill.af.mil
Mon Jun 10 09:57:46 PDT 2013

Hi Stephen,
Thanks, for the reply.  I previously got 4 sample images from the USDA, and
was able to get them to work just fine.  There was no processing required.
The sample images I got were all from Utah, and they are NAD83, UTM zone 12.
I added the 4 sample images to a shape file using gdaltindex.   I used UPSG
26912 and mapserver served them up very quickly for such large files.

Now I have this entire data set, and it stretches from UTM zone 10, to UTM
zone 19.  The data is divided into directories by two letter state
abbreviations, and under that into subdirectories.  I'm just wondering how
to add this to my mapfile.  Do I need a different entry for each UTM Zone?
How is it possible to get a single layer entry that includes multiple
projections?  This is looking like a huge job and I just want to know the
best strategy for getting this done.
Thanks,
James