[mapserver-users] Trouble coloring a raster

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Tue Mar 5 11:53:47 PST 2013

I have a geotiff raster which represents forested lands.  I'd like it to display in green.  I put in a Style section and specified a color, but try as I might, it always displays in grayscale.  It is an 8-bit unsigned TIFF file.

Below is the layer specification:

LAYER
  NAME "ForestLands"
  GROUP "ForestLands"
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS on
  DATA "/mapserver_data/StreamBarriers/forestland06.tif"

  METADATA
    "wms_srs"                      "EPSG:4326 EPSG:26919 EPSG:26983 EPSG:26984 EPSG:102113"
    "wms_name"                                "ForestLands"
    "wms_server_version" "1.1.1"
    "wms_format"              "image/png"
  END

  CLASS