[mapserver-users] Access network share drive for data in mapfile throwing error

Sowmya Tiramdasu stiramdasu at lp360.com
Thu Mar 7 07:48:58 PST 2013

Hi,

  I am trying to access data directly from a network share folder in my
mapfile. But it is not working . It is throwing the following error.

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named
'ControlPoints'.

msShapefileOpen(): Unable to access file.
(\DISKSTATION1\data\SheridanData\Keeneland\Vector Data\Geographic Control
Points\Geographic Control Points.shp)

msShapefileOpen(): Unable to access file.
(\DISKSTATION1\data\SheridanData\Keeneland\Vector Data\Geographic Control
Points\Geographic Control Points.shp)

msSHPLayerGetItems(): Shapefile error. Shapefile layer has not been opened.

KmlRenderer::startNewLayer: General error message. msLayerOpen failed

msShapefileOpen(): Unable to access file.
(\DISKSTATION1\data\SheridanData\Keeneland\Vector Data\Geographic Control
Points\Geographic Control Points.shp)

msShapefileOpen(): Unable to access file.
(\DISKSTATION1\data\SheridanData\Keeneland\Vector Data\Geographic Control
Points\Geographic Control Points.shp)

I tried to search in the old email archives. In one of the email chains they
suggested me to check if gdal/ogr can actually open the files. I did gdal
info for tiff files and they are giving the right information. Similarly
ogrinfo for shp files and they too are fine.

Can anyone please suggest what is the problem and give me solution to fix
this. Find below snapshot of my mapfile for your reference.

LAYER

                                NAME         KeenelandStatePlane38

                                DATA
"\\DISKSTATION1\data\SheridanData\Keeneland\Imagery\StatePlane\SPSPSPO-00039
.tif"

                                STATUS       OFF

                                TYPE         RASTER

                                OPACITY 75

                                PROJECTION

                                                "init=EPSG:102679"

                                END

                                DEBUG 5

                END

                LAYER

                                NAME         ControlPoints #Photogrammetric
points

                                DATA
"\\DISKSTATION1\data\SheridanData\Keeneland\Vector Data\Geographic Control
Points\Geographic Control Points.shp"

                                STATUS       OFF

                                TYPE         POINT

                                CLASS