[mapserver-users] LABELS - changing from single map to tiles and overlays - HOW?

Donald Kerr donald.kerr at dkerr.co.uk
Tue Mar 19 12:29:10 PDT 2013

Worth,

I have replaced "TYPE ANNOTATION" with "TYPE POINT" and all is working well.

As for tiling and labels, I have not found a satisfactory solution at all
and have accepted that I am getting partial labels or no labels it the label
starts in another tile - See here:
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/4284

What I have done is offered an option of "Single Tile" for users so that
they can switch between tiled and not. The tiled option gives a better
OpenLayers slippy map experience but the single tile option allows for
accurate and complete labelling.

Regards,

Donald