[mapserver-users] CLUSTER - Average Value

Mark Davidson mark at 4each.co.uk
Fri Mar 22 05:29:00 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I'm new to using mapserver and have been implementing a WMS overlay using
the CLUSTER funcionality got pretty much everything I need working, but I
can't seem to get an average value of a cluster to use as part of the
styling and labelling.
I've tried everything I can think of to try and get it working but am
having no luck. I thought that since you can do [Max:itemname] and
[Count:itemname] I would be able to do an equation to work out the average,
but I just get syntax errors with everything I try and haven't been able to
find any examples of doing this.

Could anyone tell me if its possible to do this? And if so provide an
example?

Any input would be very much appreciated,

Thanks,

Mark Davidson