[mapserver-users] Different definition of fieldtype in describe

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Mon May 6 11:40:46 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm try to use the DescribefeatureType from mapserver (not tiny).

I notice that is return different fildtype in layers that should be equals.

As example:

This url get the describe from a layer (from a view of postgres)

http://www502.regione.toscana.it/wmsraster/com.rt.wms.RTmap/wms?map=wmsricerche&service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=DescribeFeatureType&typename=lista_comuni.rt.poly

As can see the "nprov" field is defined of type "Character" and the "min_x"
is a "Real" type.

Instead with this url I get the describe from another layer (always a view
of postgres).

http://www502.regione.toscana.it/wmsraster/com.rt.wms.RTmap/wms?map=wmsricerche&service=wfs&version=1.1.0&request=DescribeFeatureType&typename=lista_province.rt.poly

now the "nprov" is a "string" and the "min_x" is a "string".

But both are view where

the field "nprov" come in both layers from the same field of the same table
table, and the min_x is always retrieve using:

ST_XMin(a.geometry) as min_x

The only structural difference is that the first layer come from a join of
three tables and the second layer come from a join of two tables.

I don't see any other significant difference to explain this difference.

Perhaps this is a bug, but I'm not really sure of it.

--
Andrea Peri